And now, for the recipe…
(Leftover) Holiday Breakfast Cakes
5 cups Leftover broccoli casserole
1 c. Leftover ham, diced or shredded
1 c. Almond flour
1/4 c. Green onion, chopped
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. Garlic salt
- Mixed all the ingredients together.
- Heat griddle or frying pan to med-high heat, spray cooking surface
- Using a measuring cup (or your eyeball), scoop 1/2 c. Increments of the mixture onto the griddle
- Use a spatula to mold them into a “pancake”-like shape *spray your spatula with cooking spray as well, to prevent sticking.
- Cook your breakfast cake for about 2-2 1/2 minutes per side or until they’re browned on the outside and cooked through.
- Excellent when served with sour cream.
*Makes about 10 cakes.
**Most of my measurements are rough estimates, so I hereby relinquish any responsibility for them. This recipe is very forgiving. Add more. Replace the ham for turkey or (the broccoli casserole for potatoes casserole). Leave things out (except the egg). And you will probably be ok.
***Low carb/Keto friendly.
Let me know if you try it out and how you make it your own!